Rosacea is a condition associated with the blood vessels of primarily the face but can also effect the neck and chest. While there are effective treatments for Rosacea at Hervey Bay Skin, this condition is one that needs to be managed rather than treated or removed. We can treat many of the signs of Rosacea, but ongoing management is required and identifying what triggers Rosacea in your skin is necessary.
Some of the triggers that bring on Rosacea:
- Sun exposure
- Intense exercise
- Certain foods (spicy) or hot drinks
- Saunas, steam rooms or hot baths
Some of the signs of Rosacea
- Flushing – frequent red face, like you have just finished an intense workout. This is one of the early signs of this condition.
- Intense redness – may resemble a blush or sunburn on nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead that does not subside.
- Pimples (acne) – small red or pus-filled bumps develop that may resemble acne without the presence of blackheads. May burn or sting.
- Visible blood vessels – Small blood vessels become visible on the skin, also called spider veins or telangiectasia.